SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition Scholarship Opportunity!
The SHRM Foundation will be awarding eight scholarships to attend the SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition in New Orleans, LA, June 18-21, 2017.
- Five scholarships-one to a professional member in each of SHRM’s five domestic regions
- One scholarship to a professional who has done significant paid and/or volunteer work on hiring, retaining and engaging military veterans or mature workers age 50+ (primary areas of focus for the SHRM Foundation in 2017)
- One scholarship to a SHRM student member
- One Northwest Human Resource Management Association scholarship to a student member from Washington, Oregon or Alaska
These awards enable HR professionals and students who have been unable to experience this event-due to a lack of financial support- to have the opportunity to attend. The scholarships are targeted to those least likely to receive support from their organizations.
Each award, valued at nearly $2,500, will include:
• Complimentary full-conference registration*
• Up to four-night hotel stay in New Orleans**
• $500 travel stipend
Applications must be submitted through the online application process. Applications open February 15th and the deadline for submission is March 15th. Winners will be announced on or before April 13. All applicants will be notified of results via e-mail.
To be eligible for an award, applicants must be unemployed, OR a full time student, OR employed full or part time by either a non profit organization, the local, state, tribal or federal government, the military, or a for-profit organization with fewer than 250 people .
Additionally, all applicants must have a current SHRM membership as of March 15, 2017; have not received any organizational support or financial reimbursement to attend the conference and have NOT attended the SHRM Annual Conference and Exposition since 2012.
For full details and application information, go to https://www.shrm.org/about/foundation/scholarships/. All applications must be submitted online; paper applications are not accepted.